Top 20 Countdown: Week 6
Welcome to Innovation City—powered by Venture Cafe—where Tyler Kelley and Michael Johnson, Co-Founders of SLAM! Agency, interview innovators, creators, and disruptors to discover how business is changing in the modern world.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency in cooperation with Venture Cafe St. Louis and Venture Cafe Miami, Innovation City gives you an inside look at how rapidly business and culture are changing thanks to increasing diversity and inclusion, heightened creativity, and a stronger and better-connected business community. Venture Cafe is the largest combined gathering of entrepreneurs and innovators anywhere in the world. Events are held every Thursday in St. Louis, Miami, and other leading innovation cities around the globe.
Today’s episode is the sixth of several highlight shows where we are taking a look back at our top 20 favorite interviews and conversations of all time. Today’s guest is Natalia Martinez-Kalinina, General Manager of CIC Miami and Latin America Lead of CIC Global. Natalia is also the Founder of Awesome Foundation MIAMI, a micro-grant leader in South Florida, Co-Founder of Aminta Ventures, and she was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to serve on the Florida Commission on Community Service.
Some key points from Natalia from CIC Miami:
- Entrepreneurs of Choice vs. Entrepreneurs of Necessity
- The power of accessible entrepreneurship to drive economic development at all levels of society
- Pushing entrepreneurs to think about becoming a US or global company
- Aminta Ventures’ focus on growing Miami’s pool of female investors
- The need to build the overall investor pool in Miami
- Listen or watch Natalia’s full episode here