148: Mich Hancock (100th Monkey)
Mich Hancock on Innovation City
“It’s a matter of bringing out the best of who our clients are and putting the right words around it.” – Mich Hancock
Welcome to Season 3 of Innovation City, a podcast featuring innovators, creators, and disruptors to discover how business is changing in the modern world.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency in cooperation with Venture Cafe St. Louis and Venture Cafe Miami, Innovation City gives you an inside look at how rapidly business and culture are changing thanks to increasing diversity and inclusion, heightened creativity, and a stronger and better-connected business community. Venture Cafe is the largest combined gathering of entrepreneurs and innovators anywhere in the world. Events are held every Thursday in St. Louis, Miami, and other leading innovation cities around the globe.
Today’s guest is Mich Hancock, Founder & CEO of 100th Monkey. Mich started 100th Monkey when she recognized a real need to help older internet users and business owners get acquainted with social media platforms. She was inspired by the opportunity to provide a safe bridgeway to help her clients make social media work for them. A long period of personal hardship was the catalyst that sparked Mich into action. Also the Co-founder at TEDx Gateway Arch, Mich understands the power of stories. She uses her marketing savvy and warm demeanor to empower clients to create compelling and authentic ways of connecting digitally. In this episode, Mich joins Tyler and Leigh-Ann to talk about how personal triumph can lead to breakthroughs, how building more inclusive online spaces sparks new ways of thinking, crafting messages that bring out the best in clients, and much more!
- Understanding the power of a post
- The importance of resilience and seeing failure as a falsehood
- Ensuring that sales and marketing teams are working as a cohesive unit
- Creating digital experiences that help businesses thrive
- Creating inclusive digital spaces by helping people see new perspectives
- Educating clients on the nuts and bolts of media
- Bringing out the best in clients by finding the right words to encase their talents
- Businesses that are empowering global citizens to prosper
- The possibilities that come with reinventing yourself
- What challenge do you want to overcome?
- Understanding and embracing accounting
- What risk are you happy you took?
- Starting a business
- Attending college in Madrid, Spain
- What is your perfect day?
- Starting off with a good morning
- 20 minute bath
- Yummy cup of coffee
- What can you do today that you couldn’t do a year ago?
- Better at planning future steps
- “I’m older and wiser”
Apply to Be a Guest
Are you working to change the world through your work? Let's talk about it.
Innovation City is available on all major streaming services. Don't forget to subscribe!