000: About Innovation City with Travis Sheridan (President, Venture Cafe Global Institute)
Welcome to Innovation City!
“Innovation is a process to improve the human condition.” — Travis Sheridan
Innovation City is a podcast all about the innovators, disruptors, and creators who are breaking through the status quo to change the way that business happens today.
Episode 000 explains what Innovation City is all about, where we’re going, and why you should listen.
Created and produced by SLAM! Agency in conjunction with Venture Cafe St. Louis and Venture Cafe Miami, Innovation City gives you an inside look at how rapidly business and culture are changing thanks to increasing diversity and inclusion, heightened creativity, and a stronger and better-connected business community.
Venture Cafe is a global organization that has local operations in:
- Boston/Cambridge, Massachusetts
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Miami, Florida
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Tokyo, Japan
The premise of Venture Cafe is to provide an opportunity for innovators to connect in order to make things happen.
We talk about how the idea that grew into the Innovation City podcast was first developed over drinks with Travis Sheridan, the President of CIC Venture Cafe Global Institute.
We discuss the power of collaboration, the democratizing influence of technology, and a list of 50 cities that Venture Cafe wants to establish operations in within the next 10 years.
We also discuss:
- The distinctions between a network, an ecosystem, and a community.
- The similarities and differences in Venture Cafes around the U.S.
- Invitations vs. Access, and bringing other people up with you.
- Future Series: Innovation City On The Road — stories from Travis’ travels.
- Improving the human condition by finding pieces of the solutions we’re looking for all around the world.
- Building innovation districts and startup spaces in collaboration with universities, corporations, and the startup communities themselves.
- The changes in business development over the last 10 years.
- How to bring different groups of innovators together.
Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review!
Apply to Be a Guest
Are you working to change the world through your work? Let's talk about it.
Innovation City is available on all major streaming services. Don't forget to subscribe!